Friday, January 28, 2011

Glasgow, Scotland


A few weeks ago Ryan had a game in Glasgow, Scotland. On our way into Scotland The hills and farmland were covered in snow but you were still able to see the old stone walls that separated each lot of land. This was one of my favorite things. I felt like I should be seeing men walking around in kilts blowing on their bagpipes. 


As we first drove through the city in our big coach bus, Ryan and I gave each other a look that said "This place is awesome!" Literally, on each corner there were steeples from old gothic churches standing higher than any other point in the city. It had a much different feel than England. The buildings here are much more gothic in style and made from big blocks of stone rather than the popular brink in England. 

We didn't have a chance to spend much time in Scotland, but what we saw, we loved. Because we arrived and hour and a half before the start of the game I decided to take a gander outside and see what treasures I could find. It had recently snowed so it looked absolutely beautiful, especially as the sun began to set. 

There isn't much to this post, I hope to add more pictures of Scotland someday, but I couldn't let these photos sit on my camera and go unseen. I wanted to share some of the grand old buildings and beautiful structure of Scotland.

This is the building Ryan played in. I was able to capture the sliver of the moon in the second photo...

 

Across the street was a walking path along a river...

 

On the other side of the river stood one of the beautiful gothic churches...


 

Next to the church was the University of Glascow...


Diagonal from the stadium was another ornately designed structure. It was an art gallery and museum...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment